Sponsorships & Donations
Policy and Procedures Concerning Donations and Sponsorships
The objective of this policy on donations and sponsorships is to ensure the equitable distribution of approved funds with a view to investing in our community. Assumption Life studies sponsorship and donation applications based on the nature of the activity and on the Company's philosophy, allocation criteria and available budget.
Preferred Areas of Activity
The Company gives preference to the health and education sectors. We have been supporting cancer research for a number of years under the auspices of the Atlantic Cancer Research Institute. In so doing, we hope to assist in winning the battle against this terrible disease that has touched nearly all of us in some way. We also support initiatives that promote healthy lifestyles among our youth.
Donation or sponsorship requests are fulfilled in the form of either money, the exchange of services or promotional items.
Difference between Sponsorships and Donations
Sponsorships are promotional tools used by the Company to assist it in growing markets among designated client groups and to build bridges with the communities in which we operate.
In contrast, when the Company makes a charitable donation, it does not seek any visibility in return.
- Applications for $2,000 or more must be submitted on or before August 31 for consideration with respect to the following year’s budget.
- Applications for less than $2,000 must be received at least three months prior to the event in question.
- An organization may receive only one donation or sponsorship per year.
- Donations and sponsorships are not renewed automatically; a new application must be submitted for consideration.
It is to be noted that all applications, including applications received by our brokers, are forwarded to the Chief of Organizational Development for review.
Applications may be submitted either:
by mail to:
P.O. Box 160
Moncton NB E1C 8L1
by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by fax: 506-853-5421
The request should include the following information:
- Brief description of the event
- Commitment sought from Assumption Life
- Date of event and target audience
- Anticipated use of funds
- A duly completed sponsorship/donation application form (available for download in our right menu)
Requests that are automatically refused
- From lobby or public interest groups
- From religious sects or denominations
- From purchase of transportation vehicle
- From unions
- From for-profit organizations
- From individuals for personal needs
- From projects related to infrastructure or construction of buildings or monuments
- From projects aiming to purchase a transport vehicle
- From fund-raising campaigns for school trips, student exchanges or beauty pageants