The Assumption Gallery exhibits contemporary and modern paintings, folk art, sculptures and photographs that are produced by professional* Canadian artists. Six exhibits are presented each year.
Visit our gallery on the ground floor of the Assumption Place building at 770 Main Street for a genuine and complete art experience. Gallery hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The artist may exhibit every two years; however, a different collection must be displayed each time.
Formal request for an exhibition
Requests must be submitted in writing, either by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail at:
Assumption Gallery Exhibition Request
P.O. Box 160 / 770 Main St.
or by fax at 506-853-5519 and must contain the following:
- Description of the proposed exhibit and work
- Technique (painting, sculpture, photographs, etc.)
- Photos of proposed work
- A list of previous exhibits
- Biography or statement of the artist
Exhibit request form available in the right-hand menu.
Artists will be selected without respect to criteria such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, national or social origin or birth.
No work will be presented that is pornographic or exploitative in nature or that is demeaning to individuals with respect to sex, race or religion.
The Assumption Gallery schedule has already been established for 2015. We are now taking requests for the 2016 season.
* Professional artist: someone who has specialized training in his or her artistic field (not necessarily obtained in an academic institution), who is recognized as such by his or her peers (artists working in the same artistic tradition), who is committed to devoting more time to the artistic activity if financially feasible and who has a history of public presentation. - Definition from the Canada Council for the Arts